tiistai 16. joulukuuta 2008

Raiding the new content

Hello again! Things have been moving very quickly and I've spent more time playing WoW than I probably should (yesterday straight up from 08:30 in the morning to 03:00 at night); this means that I'm now fully heroic-geared, including 10 epics. Thus, there's no loot left for me in the 5-man instances anymore, except Hemorrhaging Circle which I'm trying to get until it drops - running Gund'rak every day until it does. Now that I'm pretty well geared and as mentioned, no loot in heroics for me nor anything to buy with Emblems of Heroism (except those BoA-items for my future alts), I can focus in grinding gold because still need about 4,000 gold for epic flying skill. And what could be better motivator for that gold-grind than having Reins of the Bronze Drake waiting in the bank! I'm trying to do all quests in Northrend, that should yield pretty nice amounts of gold and at the same time, lots of leather (skinning capped, leatherworking 430 at the moment) and meat (cooking 447) will drop.

And guess what? I finally did the fishing quest from Nat Pagle to get my fishing above 225. It is now 240, steady but sure. I can't wait to get it capped because my buff food is Blackened Dragonfin and the reagents need to be fished.

Also, I'm trying to adapt to a new shot rotation - I almost didn't use to use Serpent Sting at all but now it is the initial shot of my rotation. Why, you may ask? Well, one reason: Glyph of Steady Shot, which is probably THE best major hunter glyph out there. So, I'm keeping the Sting up ALL THE TIME and it's really nice to get the two extra Steady Shots due to
Glyph of Serpent Sting. I really like it that I now have a new rotation to work on instead of the same old Steady-Auto one.

...

So, I finally made it to 10-man Naxxramas! /woot It was not full run but I certainly got a good feel for some of the bosses and just seeing this legendary instance from the inside alone was just awesome. The bosses I participated downing were:


Gluth, Grobbulus and Thaddius from The Construct Quarter.

Loatheb and Helgan the Unclean from The Plague Quarter.


Of course, Sapphiron and Lich King's right hand, Kel'Thuzad went down too. I enjoyed the run very much and can't wait to get there again, now in full run from the beginning. I got Cloak of Mastery and Anarchy as an off-spec roll which nicely replaced my Fang of Truth. I now dual-wield that dagger and Savage Cobalt Slicer. Hit is once again capped, yay!

Our guild also did a rehearse-runs (read: wipe-runs) to Eye of the Eternity to down Malygos - phase 2 was the best we could do and he had 2min left on his enrage timer, so we lacked DPS and BADLY!

Oh, we also did our first The Obsidian Sanctum and got Sartharion down pretty easily. To top things off, we also did the Wintergrasp-boss as 10-man raid! So yeah, I've been busy!! X-D

Well... this time I decided to write a short book, it looks like. :-) I'll get back to blogging again when I have something new!

P.S. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that as soon as my realm's maintenance downtime ends, I'll be the first one in Sholazar Basin to tame the elusive Loque'Nahak (the Spirit Beast). Wish me luck!

Ei kommentteja: