sunnuntai 25. tammikuuta 2009

First raids after patch

Our recent raidforce cleared heroic Naxxramas yesterday with pretty smooth run - except that my face hit the floor more often than not (down during Gluth, Grobbulus, Kel'thuzad and probably more ;P), that was a bit unusual for me as I've been able to survive quite well on our earlier runs. This was a first good cauge for me since the 3.0.8 came out and well, Explosive Shot is just awesome nowadays and my over-all DPS on boss encounters were pretty satisfying; 3.9k on Patchwerk and almost 5k on Thaddius (where I had these nice 10-12k Explosive Shot crits due to that stacking damage buff from the polarity shifts). Of course, I could've done even more but I'm still trying to adapt myself to the new rotation with Aimed Shot plus my pet managing skills are a bit rusty, so I definitely need to start improving in that aspect. Often I notice that my pet is just sitting besides me and not pounding on trash mobs... well, that's because the trash is pretty much AoE-spam and I don't have my pet on Defensive, unless the situations are well controlled.

Got pretty neat trinket from the heroic Naxx run; Grim Toll actually dropped twice during the run and on the second time I won the roll, woot! :) That trinket is awesome in the sense that I could start giving up some of my hit-gear and that armor pen proc is pretty powerful too, although the value pretty much diminishes if there's warrior or some other sort of sunder armor effect in play. For PVP and situational PVE (especially 25-man encounters, Military Wing in Naxxramas leaps to mind instantly) that trinket is just awesome, awesome... in PVP it pretty much makes everyone a clothie. X-D Oh well, hit trinket with a very nice proc (15% chance on every hit, with 45sec internal cooldown), that's not too shabby to have in bank/bag waiting for the day when all hit gear has been replaced!

Anyways, things have been pretty busy and raiding the WotLK content continues on very active basis... weekly 10-man guild Naxx and 25-man raidforce Naxx, hopefully more Malygos and Sartharion with a drake or two up in the near future, too. We haven't tried Malygos since our first kill, hope to down that blue worm soon again! :)

Oh well, that's all folks, from now. I'll be getting in more detailed analysis of Survival raiding dps next week when our guild is attempting 10-man Naxxramas with the Undying-achievement (the one where no raid member can die during any boss encounter!) in mind. That's the occasion for me to hone up my 10-man DPS and hopefully start improving on 25-men too, because I'm sure I could be doing more than 4k DPS on Patchwerk if everything would go optimally rotation-wise. Also, I'm thinking of FRAPSing some boss encounters away, might as well post them here when the time is right!

Meanwhile, happy hunting!

Ei kommentteja: